vrijdag 24 september 2010

Programming our first platform game

Dear readers,

I am Stijn and I've only recently joined Xform as a programmer. Past weeks I've familiarized myself with Adobe Director and helped out fixing bugs in Redline Rumble Revolution.

This week I've gotten a project of my own. A brand new game in the platform genre which Xform has not done before. You might think "Platform? Didn't Xform focus on 3D games?"; Indeed we do, our platform game will be viewed in 3D although the depth probably won't affect gameplay.

Currently I'm writing code to control the player, get the animations right, add some interactivity with objects. Right now, there are no animations, only a single image of what will be an animation, but it already looks and feels good and it's only going to get better! So I'm quite excited about it.

I hope that soon I will be able to show you something.

Take care!
-- Stijn

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten