vrijdag 6 januari 2012

Can't live without them!


Hello all!

It's been a while since my last post, so a quick update. In some earlier posts, people blogged about a "snowboard game with cars" about some awesome stuff! And I am also working on that project, so here another "snowboard with cars" blog! The game is getting there week by week. We still got nice ideas we have to implement, but first something about animations!


Last couple of weeks I implemented all the animations for the menu and interface screens that are all designed by Matthew. It was the first time for me to implement animations for 2d screens, so I had to do some research! In the mean time I made notes for all the animations that has an In/Out animation in the scenes. So I made a big list something like the lists Shirley blogged about a couple of weeks ago! So finally I found out how everything works out and I could finally start animating those screens.
It's important to make a list if you got multiple objects that have to be animated. Otherwise you will end up with models that won't show when needed or in the wrong scene.

So after a while it was going pretty well and I felt pretty good about it. Only then I noticed I wasn't even halfway. Nah, it was pretty fun besides all the timing and special animations that Matt created.
So now we got some cool animations for our Interface and Menu instead of just switching the models on and off! Most of them are pretty simple, but you get used to it very quickly. But it's quite important because it's weird to imagine a car driving on the road with wheels that dont spin unless it's year 3594 and we got some awesome floating stuff:P

Greetings,

Michael

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten