Congrats to the winners of the Burnin Rubber contest! Good job!
Last couple of weeks I’ve been working on the Mud Madness Dirt Cross Car Race game.
I did some optimizing off the tracks, made some small menu changes and animations.
But now I’m going to show you some of the menu backgrounds I made.
I started with making a nice setup for my menu background. Used one of our tracks, placed some cars in it and played with the camera a bit 'till I got the view I wanted.
Then I made a print screen of the viewport in 3Ds max and placed it as my background of the menu.
You have all seen this in my last blog post. This is how it looked like:
After I made the environment a bit smoother, I rendered the diffuse map without the cars first.
I need those separated in the photoshop file.
After that I placed a direct light and renderd the shadows, then I rendered it with a skylight, then an ambient occlusion map.
After some work in Photoshop, I got this as a result:
Now it was time to start rendering the cars. First I made the cars a bit smoother.
I decided to render the front car as first, then the cars in the back. And just like the environment I rendered the diffuse map first, then a render with a skylight and an ambient occlusion map.
After some work in photoshop I got this result:
Now it was time to add everything in one photoshop file and add some dirt spats, mud, etc. So it would feel like an action shot and not a fancy rendered background.
That’s all for now!